New CD; new book!

Steve Cheseborough on Seattle "Blues To Do" TV (photo by Margene)

It’s out! The new CD, Fetch It! See reviews of it here and here.

You can order it through this site or through CD Baby, or pick it up at Music Millennium in Portland or at any of my public appearances (see calendar to find out when those are).

And look for the third edition of Blues Traveling: the Holy Sites of Delta Blues, at your local bookstore, or order a signed copy from me! Here is a recent review of the book.

My webmaster, Jim Cheseborough, and I are always working on this website. The new google calendar should be working fine. Email me for help with anything that isn’t working here — or just to talk about the blues anytime.

Trackback URL

11 Comments on "New CD; new book!"

1. donna
    25/02/2009 at 8:17 am Permalink

Love the new CD!!!

2. keith
    20/03/2010 at 9:50 am Permalink

Why don’t you link to the CD Baby page that has the cd on it?

3. Josh Dorman
    10/08/2011 at 2:00 pm Permalink

Hi Steve,
    Hi my name is Josh. Your mom is my neighbor and your mom let me listen to “FetchIt”. I’ve been playing guitar for about 3 years and was hoping that I could get some verbal references to learn more daytime and traditional blues. Right now my friends and I play alot of Dylan, the dead, Traffic and the such. Thanks for your time and any info you could provide a beginner. Thanks JD

4. Josh Dorman
    10/08/2011 at 2:02 pm Permalink

Sorry that would be ragtime not daytime. Thanks again.

5. chezztone
    10/08/2011 at 11:50 pm Permalink

Hi Josh! That’s cool that you live near my mom. I visit Charleston at least once a year and offer group and individual lessons whenever I’m there. Sorry you missed the other ones but hope to see you next time (probably this November)! In the meantime, I will email you the name of one of my students there who might offer lessons. I really believe the best way to get on the country-blues path is with a good live teacher. Cheers, SC

6. Bruce
    20/11/2013 at 3:46 pm Permalink

Steve do you still have group lessons and if so how much beer do they cost

7. chezztone
    17/12/2013 at 11:44 am Permalink

Hi Bruce! Yes, I certainly still offer the group Beer & Blues Class. One in NE Portland and a new class forming in West Linn! Cost is same as it has been for years: $20/person for a one-hour class. We take turns bringing beer to share. Hope to see you there! Call or email for further details, anyone who might be interested. Cheers!

8. Mary Ann Ohsol
    18/08/2014 at 3:11 pm Permalink

Love the latest CD. My husband passed away Friday morning, and this CD came in today’s mail (monday). Just what I needed . Thank you so much. Your gifted talent is awesome. Thanx for keeping the old blues alive!

9. Rob Kramer
    04/01/2015 at 7:27 am Permalink

Love your new CD, Fetch IT. Keep singing the blues.

10. chezztone
    03/10/2015 at 8:51 pm Permalink

Thank you!

11. Jim Walsh
    03/03/2016 at 10:03 am Permalink

How do? I tried to contact you by email, but the link won’t work for me. I’ve just moved to Bethany and I’m looking for blues lovers.

I’m a senior who was involved in the Great Folk Music Scare in Greenwich Village. My best friend, Ken Romanowski, and I were part of the early group of transcribers who worked out many of the lyrics to the pre-war blues songs , and Ken was later part of Johnny Parthe’s Document Records effort and helped edit the “Goodbye, Babylon” gospel box set. I’m currently writing a history of American music (about 1,000 pages so far, but I’m only up to the early 1800s). I have a decent-sized collection of all American music, including about 400 blues LPs and about 650 blues CDs.

I’ve been playing blues off and on for about 50 years, when not sucked in by work and school and when not playing in very bad garage bands. (I had brief meetings with Mississippi John Hurt and Rev. Gary Davis when I was busking and too young [about 13] to know who the hell they were. I’m still kicking myself over that one.) I am extremely fumble-handed and just getting back into guitar, so I’m not as proficient on guitar as I should be and am dying to learn more. I’d love to join your lessons and jams, if that’s possible. Please, let me know.

Hi Stranger, leave a comment: